Thursday, December 25, 2014

Santa dress gift card holder

I know you have seen several gift card holders using the SU Top Note die.  I just got the dress up framelits and finally had an excuse to use them.  I folded the Cherry Cobbler paper with a mountain fold inside to make a pocket for the gift card.  There are tons of videos and tutorials available with step by step instructions so I am not going to repeat them here.  The green patterned paper is leftover from another project.  I used Basic Black, kraft, Whisper White, and Real Red for the dress.  I cut the dress twice and used the top of the die to mark where to trim the red layer, then straight cut the bottom scallops off.  I used Versamark to ink the top and bottom of the dress, then used heat & stick to add white glitter (sadly does not show well in the pic), before adding the read layer.  I used a black sharpie to color the gems.  The dress is mounted to the card with dimensionals.  I ran organza ribbon behind the dress to close the holder.  I stamped the sentiment from Tags 'til Christmas in Gumball Green, punching with the scallop square.  I stamped the inside in Cherry Cobbler, punching it with a 1" square, mounting it with a dimensional.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: