Sunday, December 14, 2014

Holiday tags gift set

I love the November My Paper Pumpkin kit.  I wanted to make the kit into a couple of cute teacher appreciation gifts.  I stacked the finished tags into two equal sized piles, then measured.  Four tags, if finished by kit instructions, measure just about an inch in thickness.  Measure the tags (around 4"), and give a tiny buffer (between an 1/8 to a 1/4" should do fine), then add an inch all the way around to account for box depth.  I made a divider piece, for inside the box, by adding 2 inches to the length, scoring in the middle and 1" from the center on both sides.  Before assembling the box, I stamped it in the background stamp from the kit and used the stamp-over technique, so it leaves a lighter impression to fill in the gaps.  Once stamped, I cut a notch at each corner, adding adhesives to the corner tabs.  Pop the center divider in, then start the top.  The lid is made the same way as the base, but out of a clear window sheet.  It's a bit stiffer to score, but works well.  If you want a bit more flexibility, you can use an overhead transparency film too.  Seal it with a ribbon and you are done.  Thanks for looking!  April
box top view


No comments: