Friday, February 4, 2011

birthday wishes

This is some scrap retired Simply Scrappin' birthday themed paper from SU. I love it and have been hoarding it. I was tired last night and went with the easy card. FYI, don't try to punch two layers of SU paper at the same time...you won't get anywhere. What a mess and swore I nearly broke my punch.
I took a piece of the striped paper and used the scallop border punch, then attached it to a Pumpkin Pie base...again, don't attach until you punch your scallop circle first, then attach and use the first circle as a guide to do the second! I then punched a 1 3/8" circle for inside the scalloped circle and used one of the coordinating stickers inside the circle. I used a dimensional on the back of the circle, then centered inside the scallop. It will show on the inside of the card when opened. Next, cut a slit in the crease of the card for the ribbon to slip through. Tie as desired. The sentiment is from Whimsical Words and is stamped in Jet Black Staz-On. Last, I attached three matching Glimmer brads from the Brights collection. (The center of the circle looks off center, but it is, it is the bend of the card. Sorry!)
Thanks for looking! April

No comments: