Friday, February 18, 2011

Smooch Holder Tutorial




Okay, I made another one of the Smooch holders and changed the dimensions a bit. The finished dimensions will be 3" wide, 5" long, and 3" tall. You will need two pieces of cardstock trimmed to 9x11. Score at 3" on all sides of both sheets. Cut each corner like you would to assemble a box without a top. Assemble and set aside.
Use a scrap 3x5 piece of paper to make a template for the holes. I used a 1/2" circle punch to punch a row of 5 circles down the long side, then three across the short side. Trace onto other prescored sheet. Use a craft knife to cut out circles or make a star pattern to create holes. 1/2" circles are the perfect size for the Smooch brand tubes to fit.
After holes are cut, you should have three rows of five for a total of 15 slots for your tubes. Assemble same as the base and slide into base. I used a little adhesive to keep from separating. Decorate as desired.
Sorry, I don't know how to utilize templates, or I would make you one for downloading. The example here is retired SU colors Handsome Hunter and Taken with Teal. The stamp is from Michael's dollar bin and the skittle has a little piece of Taken with Teal glued to it with liquid glass. I spritzed the box with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I will do my best to clarify. Thanks for looking! April