Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Buy and Pretty Flower


Happy Saturday all! Okay, I admit, I stole this idea from Dannie at Dannie's Designs. Stampin Up offers a great five petal flower punch that she uses for this flower. While I don't have it, I found that Michael's carries a little bucket of Brides brand confetti flowers. They come in Ivory pearl or White pearl and cost $4.99 but I used a coupon and got it for less than $3. Each little flower has a little pearly sheen on them. I am working on coloring them and will let you know how that works out.


Each big flower is made from six little ones. The picture shows you what one flower looks like (top right), the bottom of the pic shows what the back looks like when it is assembled, and the the last is with the brad added and finished (top left). What you do is take two flowers and glue them together so the flower behind the top one shows the petals in between the top ones. Next, stack four more flowers and cut each petal to the center of the flower. Then glue each one behind the flower to fill in the gaps. The first two layers have five petals, the bottom two layers have ten petals each. I let them dry, then punched a hole for the gem brad. I will post pics when I finish what they are going to be used on. (I stole that idea from Dannie at Dannie's Designs!) Thanks for looking! April

No comments: