Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stationery Box

Here is my take on Dannie's Stationery Box Tutorial. I was able to make this after printing her templates and watching her wonderful step-by-step video. Dannie uses all SU, but I don't have much of the paper or money to keep it up. I was able to match some SU stuff into it. Colors are: Not Quite Navy, Brocade Blue, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White. I used SU inks and the paper for the top and some of the cards. The base of this box is Bassill because it has the same type of thickness as SU. Other papers are from Michael's and are called Bohemia by My Mind's Eye. They have a blue set that I plan on using for the next box, but all of it matches so beautifully. The first picture is of the standard cards and samples of the 3x3 card and tags.
The second is the complete kit. Inside the box is a place for standard A2 cards, 3x3 cards, tags, stamps, pen, etc. Dannie included a note pad, but I put a 2009 calendar in place of that.
Here it is all packed up for giving. I am really excited by the results and plan on making more for gifts this Christmas...can we say teacher gifts? Sorry the colors are a bit washed out. I will do better next time. Thanks for looking! April

4 comments:

Christy said...

I have looked everywhere for the tutorial to make these...I'm going to give it a try. Wish me luck!! LOL

Dannie Graves said...

You box is beautiful! I love how you used the flowers from Michael's to make a larger flower. So pretty! ~Dannie

Anonymous said...

I just love your stationery box. Can you tell me where you found the calendar? I need one that size but I'm having trouble finding one. Thank you so much for sharing your creative side.
judy

Michelef4 said...

I love how your project came out. I have a few 'newbie' questions, I'm hoping you might email me if you have any of the answers to mfagerson@hotmail.com
I have been scrapbooking 20 years, but am brand new to papercrafting. I'm also new to stamping. I was wondering dimensions for a standard A2 card, and if you have any instructions on how to make corresponding envelopes for the A2 and 3x3 notecards. What size are the tags? How do you make a place for the stamps? Pen? and dimensions and how to make the small notepad would really be so helpful. I must say I completed the box!! It's a start.
Hugs,
Michele