Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweet Treat

This card is for Deconstruting Jen's sketch challenge and Pixie Dust Studios Counting Along challenge.
The base is SU's Pear Pizzaz.  The lilac and dark purple are generic cardstock I got at Michael's and the print is from a stack I got ages ago.  Following Jen's sketch, I rounded the corners of the large square layer and then zig-zag stitched around it, after running it though the cuttlebug with the distressed diamond folder.  Then I ran stitches along the straight layer.  Next was a quick spritz with Vanilla Shimmer and Berry Smooch spritz.  (My vanilla sprayer broke, so it is in a mister bottle, but I think it sprays a bit heavy and wild...oh well.)  I cut a slice in the Pear base along the fold to thread some jute twine.  I then threaded it through the sentiment and button, tying it in a bow.  The sentiment is printed on white cardstock and I added the "4 U" rub-on.  The image is a darling pixie from PDS, colored in watercolor pencils, and cut with the deckled Nestabilities die.  I added a few accents with the Sukura Stardust gel pen in clear.    Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: