Tuesday, September 27, 2011

copic storage idea

So I have started to fill in my copic collection and am always looking for a better way to store it.  I originally bought a copic brand wallet for 36 markers, but filled it in too quickly.  I was hunting for ideas online and saw someone bought a tool bag and filled it in with their plastic holders.  I didn't want a huge basket to store, and I always have caddies I am not using, so I pulled one out and stared at it a bit.  Hmmm, what to do?  While thinking, I kicked a SU box under my table....the box is pretty sturdy, so I started to tear it apart.  I used the one of the box flaps to make the outer part of the organizer, then used another flap to make the dividers, cutting slits for the cardboard running perpendicular to slide in.  The picture here is just a few of my markers, but it is fairly full now.  This soft-sided caddy was from Hobby Lobby and holds roughly 75 markers, plus storage in the pockets around the edge.  I have my copic swatch book in one end pocket, ID labels in another, as well as tools like a white gel pen, colorless blender, etc.  Thanks for looking!  April

2 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Brilliant idea! I love it so much, I may have to borrow this idea for when I go to looong crops :) TFS!

Ivonne Marie said...

Great idea I was just thinking how to travel with my Copic's thanks!!