Thursday, September 29, 2011

Heart Journal - week 10

Yea, I know I am pushing my luck getting this week done, but inspiration was in short supply.  I feel like I am a bit redundant in techniques right now, so I was not feeling particularly inclined to hustle.  This week's theme is "Torn Between" and we are to create a spread using a tearing technique. 
I sponged the base in Lucky Limeade, Soft Sky and Pool Party.  Next, I stamped the quotes from Twilight on the right side.  I then pulled out some pages from New Moon and Eclipse, crumpled and inked.  I set those aside until I colored my images - TGF's Flirty Edward and Camille (Twilight's Edward and Bella) in copic markers, then cut out.  I used the basic masking technique to overlap the images.  Once they were in place on the sponged background, I ran adhesive around the edges of the spread, then set the crumpled pages over top.  I held them up to a light to find where the images were, then used a needle to create the start of the tear, pulling until the image was exposed.  I used Spica pen to give Edward some sparkle and Versamark to stamp Bella's truck and chess pieces over the text, but it doesn't show well in the photo.  Click on the photo and then zoom in on the bottom left side (the truck) and the right side bottom corner and top right corners (chess, ribbon, flower, apple).  Thanks for looking!  April

1 comment:

The Wolverina /// said...

I really just adore this week's work! Thanks for sharing such an adorable "teared" image!