Thursday, September 1, 2011

Heart Journal - week 6


This week's Heart Journal assignment is "Text Me!"  We were told to create a spread using primarily text. 
I was really stumped at first, seeing as I did something like this last week.  I almost went back and did a Twilight page, but though...Hmmm.  Well, the first thing to come to mind was the theme song from Kim Possible...Call Me, Beep Me.  I ended up going online and finding binary numbers in a large section, then dropped it in a word processor, printed, then used mod podge to stick it to the base.  I mixed some seafoam acrylic paint in with the mod podge over top and heat set.  Next, I used Toffee acrylic paint to outline the edges.  I used Jet Black Staz-On to ink TGF's Summer from their Roll Call Kit.  The cell phone drawn on tracing paper with a sharpie marker, cut out, flipped over and colored in with watercolor paint, then mod podged into place.  I stamped several sentiments from the Roll Call Kit and a couple of alphabets sets I have.  The titleing is Tim Holtz cardstock stickers.  Thanks for looking!  April
right side
left side

3 comments:

Amy Wood said...

Super Cute April!

Laura B said...

I love Kim Possible!! Great pages!:)

Rachel said...

Haha, Kim Possible! Now I have the theme song running in my head and would like to do a Kim Possible Mission at Epcot! Love the binary code. Great spread! I decided this morning not to do the heart journaling. I was always stressing about each week and that was during the summer. It'll be another thing on my plate as the new year school year starts next week for me. This would've been the "easiest" week for me though because I love text. Thanks for sharing yours!