Monday, September 19, 2011

Heart Journal - week 9

This week's assignment is "Cut & Paste."  We were asked to center our spread around a head we cut and pasted into the design.  I couldn't just randomly pick a picture and use it, so I started looking around for ideas and kept coming across pics of Barbie...yuck!  I can't stand her.  Sure, I played with them, but she is the most unrealistic creature and the complete opposite of everything I am.  I don't love pink and she is coated in it like Pepto, she's blonde, skinny, etc...yea, not me.
I scribbled pink watercolor pencil  randomly around the page, then went back and filled in the gaps with pink Crayola watercolor, so that it created a two-toned effect.  Next, I spritzed the background with Mixed Berries, Cosmic Pink and Cherry Ice Smooch Spritz, then heat set.  I sponged the edges with Purely Pomegrante.  I found a B&W pic of Barbie and colored her with copics.  I did a really awful job on the makeup, sort of like a kid.  I used a sharpie to write in my own writing.  I added some bling behind Barbie and then colored the gems with a sharpie before attaching to the B.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: