Tuesday, September 20, 2011

White Out

 
This is for TGF's Farm Fresh Friday White Out and Deconstructed Sketch #19 challenges.
Okay, so an all white challenge...hmmmm.  The base is Whisper White with layers embossed with the cuttlebug polka dots and swiss dots folders.  I mounted the base layer then tore down the middle for some contrast.  I wrapped the middle strip with white organza ribbon.  Last, I stamped TGF's Odette (Twilight's Esme) in Versamark, then embossed with antique silver powder and mounted with dimensionals.  I was trying to stay away from black ink...I almost went with Dove Grey, but thought the embossing would have some depth and not let it get lost in the field of white, but not be stark like black ink would.  It was hard to avoid over embellishing to make up for the lack of color, but I sort of like the final product.  Thanks for looking!  April
showing silver

2 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is FABULOUS! I love this!! Your embossing is fantastic and I love that you heat embossed her in silver... that's stunning. Thanks for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch. :)

Leanne said...

Terrific card! I love the way you tore the paper for contrast and used silver embossing powder on Odette. Love it! gr8 job!
Thank you for being a supporter, fan and contributor to the Farm Fresh challenges! It's been wonderful to see all your creations. ;)