Thursday, September 15, 2011

Heart Journal - week 8

This week's journal entry is "The power of ONE."  We are to create a spread using a word as the focal point of the design.  So, I started looking for ideas and came across this delicious vinyl sticker from My Mind's Eye in my rub-ons stash.  Hmmm, what can I do with this?  I started looking for quotes...yes, I could have used another Twilight thing, but I wanted it to reflect one of my other loves - Disney!
I painted the base with Apple Pink acrylic paint, then sponged Baby Pink around the edges with a spouncer sponge.  When dry, I used Whisper White craft ink on my new Inkadinkado polka dot background stamp to make random stamps...it is super pale and hard to see at this point.  Next, I crushed a dryer fabric softener sheet to sponge Brilliance Platinum Planet ink around the page.  I used versamark ink to ink up a couple of Mickey Mouse stamps, then embossed with the Deep Impression clear embossing powder and heat set.  Them I placed the vinyl sticker over both pages, using a craft knife to separate the pages.  Next, is a quick spritz of Mixed Berries Smooch Spritz and set with a heat gun.  I then typed the rest of the quote on Whisper White cardstock using Waltograph font from dafont.com.  I cut them into little squares, doodled around the edges, then attached to the page.  I put Walt's name on dimensionals.  Thanks for looking!  April

No comments: