Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday pocket card

 

This card is for Anyone for Anya's sketch, Stamptacular Sunday's Hot Pocket, and Stamps R Us's Happy Birthday challenges. 
The base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5.5x11", with layers of Basic Black, plum and the designer paper is from Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby.  The image is TGF's Wild Sprout Joyce digi and is colored in copic markers.  Border punch is Martha Steward and the tag in the pocket on the cover is cut and embossed with nestabilities.  I took the SU decorative label punch and cut it down to make a reinforcement for the tag, then used the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to add the ribbon.  I didn't want the tag to fall out, so I added a strip of paper that was a bit wider, then when I assembled the piece, I put adhesive around the three sides of the image, then a bit along the open side to sort of lock the strip the tag is attached to in place.  The sentiment on the tag is from retired SU Whimsical Words and is stamped in Jet Black Staz-On.  I added scraps to the inside to coordinate.  I worked really hard to keep it flat for mailing and think I did just fine.  Thanks for looking!  April

showing inside & hidden tag


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooo, I've never done a card with a tag before! AND I still haven't purchased any Greeting Farm stamps. I had a bunch in a cart last Friday when they had the sale, but then I was good and didn't place the order (I had already ordered Copics!).

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Were you just suggesting "We Go Together" or do you know if it's actually in a stamp set? If it's the latter, I so would have used that instead! I'd definitely want that for any reproductions of this card. THANKS!

Nina said...

A very cute card! Love the motiv and the paper.

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week.
Hugs, Nina.

Carol L said...

What a cute pocket card! I love how the tag slides in from the side! Super cute and fun! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Marianne-db said...

What a cute card! Love the colors and the lovely image. Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week.