Saturday, July 2, 2011

More SU In-Colors

Here are two more cards I made with the new Stampin' Up in colors Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder.  I am also entering it in Paper Sundae's Stitching challenge.
The Lucky Limeade card is a single piece.  I cut a 5.5x3.75 inch piece of Whisper White and used the scalloped border punch on all sides.  There is a tutorial on Splitcoast that explains how to round the corners.  Next I ran a piece of Limeade through my cuttlebug embossing folder, attaching it to the base, then stitching around the edge.  The little bag is from Michael's and comes in a pack of 25.  I cut a mat for inside the bag and added the sentiment from Word Play in Lucky Limeade ink and Whimsical Words in Jet Black Staz-On.  I cut slots to slide a gift card in.  I wraped the baggie in organza ribbon, tying it off with a piece of jute twine and topping it with a white gem.  I punched the Word Play sentiment with the decorative label punch, then used a scrap piece of Limeade to make a mat on the ends of the punched image, then mounting with dimensionals. 
with enclosed card showing
The other card is an A2 Wisteria Wonder base.  I used the Martha Stewart lace border punch on a 3 inch piece of Whisper White to make the strip.  Then I layered a 2.5 inch piece of WW and the three 1 1/4" squares of Wisteria, after running them through the cuttlebug embossing folder.  I stitched around the edges of each square and the white strip.  The sentiment is from the dollar bin at Michael's and inside is a Word Play sentiment that says "You're in my thoughts; you're in my heart."  Thanks for looking!  April

2 comments:

sara said...

very sweet love that little bag thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x

Alica said...

Very nice! Lovely stitching and I love the embossing folder you used!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs, Alica ;)