Sunday, July 17, 2011

Heart Journal

 

So the uber talented ladies at TGF are picking up the trend of artistic journalling and decided to include the rest of us in the fun!  They are calling it Heart Journalling.  Click on the link and join in!  Over the next 23 weeks, we are going to take on one new topic a week to inspire our creativity.  There are really no rules when it comes to format or structure, so I decided to make my own journal from a Basic Grey chipboard album I had.  It is 6x6 and I replaced the thin chipboard pages for watercolor paper.  These are 8/2x11 and cut to 5.5x5.75".  I realized one side is textured and the back isn't, so I alternated so that every two pages facing each other is matching.  I purposely selected the three ring style so I can pull out pages to work easier and if there are any tragic mishaps, can pull them out and do-over.  I painted the chipboard with white acryllic and sanded the edges and around the grommets.  Next, I used a background stamp from Studio g and stamped around the edges in Dove Gray Staz-On.  After that, I used Blazing Red to stamp the hearts to keep with the Heart Journal theme.  I used a Tim Holtz clock and gears masks, then spritzed in Vanilla Shimmer, Gold Glow, and Black Velvet smooch spritz.  I used a heat gun to dry it faster.  I stamped heart in Whisper White craft ink on the white base and on a scrap of Real Red cardstock I had cut a heart from Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge.  I poured red embossing powder over the ink on the cover, heating to melt.  I distressed the edges of the heart with my fingernail, then lined it up with the rest of the word on the cover.  I used Basic Grey chipboard letters, inked in Jet Black, for the "my" and tied a bit of red ribbon on the end.  The "journal" is stamped in Jet Black and uses an scribble alphabet set I have.  Last, I added bits of coordinating ribbon to the binding rings.  I am looking foward to getting started and will post as we get the weekly assignments done.  Thanks for looking!  April
close-up to show dimension
flat view

1 comment:

J said...

New follower here. Going to do the Greeting farm journal too. Can't wait to see what you make.
Justina
www.justmycrafts.blogspot.com