Sunday, July 31, 2011

Heart Journal - week 2

This weeks assignment is "Sandy Sunshine."  We were asked to create a spread incorporating sand, sun, beach, etc. showcasing memories or something related to summer.  This is mine...
I have always loved stories like the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and, now, Twilight because the girls are ones who feel out of place with those around them, but through their own strength and determination, find their own place in the world.  I grew up near the beach, but it was never my thing.  I was the only one of my high school friends to venture out into the big blue world to go to college by going over 2K miles from home.  What I found was the best of people, a new family, and my future.  Who knew?  So this is for my roots near the ocean and my love of strong girls, by using Ariel!

First I used my little cloud template from the last card I posted to ink clouds along the top of the page in Soft Sky.  Next, I defined the ocean, by punching a template of half circles to make waves and inked along that for some definition.  Then I stamped a sheet music background stamp in Timber Brown Staz-On and painted over it with a thin coat of aqua colored acryllic paint.  I set it with a heat gun, then used Sea Breeze smooch spritz to add a little sheen and texture.  Next I added foamy waves with my snow paint pen and set it with a heat gun.  It adds a fluffy, foamy, fairly firm but textured top to my ocean.  Ariel is actually TGF's Mermaid Anya and is colored in copic with accents of Spica shimmer on her fins and hair.  I also added pearls.  She is placed on ripped sandpaper for some extra texture.  The treasure chest, jewels, and coins are from a dollar sticker set from Michael's.  Also is a globe from a Sticko-potamus set I roughed up with a bit of sandpaper, then inked to give it a bit more worn look for under the water.  The broken vase is another Sticko-potamus set of Egyptian pieces that I ripped and spread across the sandy floor.  I journalled a bit, then added my little title that I stamped in Island Indigo on Very Vanilla cardstock, cut, inked in CTMH's Brown Bag, then distressed and adhered to the page.  I doodled a few birds and words from "Part of Your World" along the sky.  Thanks for looking!  April


left side

right side


No comments: