So here is my entry for Deconstructing Jen's sketch, Stamp Something's bugs or butterflies and Stamptacular Sunday animal antics challenges.
Card base is forest green general cardstock with layers of brown and the B&T papers are from a stack I got on clearance years ago. The bottom is ferns, then the plaid and then a splattered watercolor design. For the half circle, I used a circle cutter. I then ran a scrap of the green base through a crimper, then tore around the edges to give it a rustic, unfinished look. The punch is the pawprint border punch from EK Success. I added some jute twine before adhering to the base, then ran a straight stitch around the entire card. The image is a Stampin' Up set called Under the Stars. The sentiment is printed using Almagro font and then punched out using the SU wide oval punch. The backer is a scrap of the crimped paper cut with the decorative label punch. I added a scrap of jute twine to the sentiment. Last, I cut out a couple of colored mosquitos from Under the Stars and mounted them with glue dots and adding a bit of Spica clear sparkle to their wings. I normally like more dimension, but wanted to add a mailable card to the stash. Thanks for looking! April